An exciting opportunity to shape the future of primary education in North Ascot.
Are you the right person to lead our newly formed Primary School?
Ascot Heath Infant School is extending and joining with Ascot Heath CE Junior School to become a primary school. We are looking for the right person to shape the future success of our newly formed school.
Our governors and staff are passionate about providing our pupils with the very best start to their educational careers. Do you have the vision, energy, dedication and drive to lead us on this journey?
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- Can bring together the previously separate schools with a single set of values and vision.
- Can unite the staff bodies and establish a consistent approach across the whole school.
- Has ambition, passion and determination to lead our school, raising standards where required, whilst recognising and maintaining excellence where it is already in place.
- Will keep the wellbeing, resilience and achievements of our pupils and staff at the heart of everything we do.
- Leads with high expectations to secure excellent teaching, achieving high standards of learning and attainment across the school.
- Is able to support, motivate and inspire staff with a clear vision for the future direction of the school; and to translate this vision for parents and pupils.
- Will be an inspiring, dynamic and imaginative leader with a proven track record of success across all primary key stages.
Will create an outward-facing school to work with other schools, organisations and partners to champion best practice.
In return we will offer the successful candidate:
- The opportunity to expand your leadership skills with this unique challenge of bringing two separate schools together.
- Supportive, hardworking and friendly staff who are dedicated to the school’s continuous improvement.
- An enthusiastic and committed governing body.
- Children who enjoy learning and are encouraged to make excellent progress, academically and socially, becoming confident, happy and well-rounded young people.
- Strong support and the opportunity to shape the future of this new school.
If you believe that you are the right person to join us on this exciting adventure, we welcome your application. Please call us to arrange a visit so that you can experience our schools first-hand. Contact Mrs Gillian Green, PA to the Headteacher on 01344 882631.
For a full information pack, please visit: https://bit.ly/2D0srZf
Shortlisting by: 1st February 2019
Interview dates: 11th and 12th February 2019
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please download the attached application form and forward to Hayley Chapple either by post to Hayley Chapple, HR Advisor, Bracknell Forest Council, Time Square, Market Street, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1JD or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will only accept applications on Bracknell Forest application forms, please do NOT forward your CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to providing equality of opportunity to all. Our aim is to treat all employees and prospective employees with integrity, respect and consideration.
We aim to ensure that individuals are recruited, selected, trained and promoted on the basis of ability, job requirements, skills, aptitudes and other objective criteria. In this respect we will ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, marital status or disability, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which are not covered by legislation or existing codes of practice.
We are a Disability Symbol User and as such have made a commitment to guarantee an interview to all applicants with a disability who meet the essential criteria of the person specification.
To help us with our commitment to this guarantee, please indicate if you have a disability on your application form.
Bracknell Forest Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and expects all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices share this commitment.
This position requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check because it involves contact with (or access to data concerning) children/young people/adults at risk. On your application form, you will need to tell us about any spent convictions, cautions, reprimands or warnings which may later appear on your DBS Certificate.
To find out more about the application process for working with children, young people and adults at risk visit https://www.bracknell-forest.gov.uk/applying-job/applications-work-children-young-people-or-adults-risk
The Local Safeguarding Children’s Board (LSCB) has responsibility for working together to oversee the safety and well-being of children and young people in Bracknell Forest. Find out more about the LSCB at https://www.bracknell-forest.gov.uk/health-and-social-care/keeping-adults-and-children-safe/protecting-children/safeguarding-children-board
Pre–employment medical check
You may be asked about your physical ability to perform the job during interview. As a condition of the Offer of Employment, the successful applicant will be asked to complete an Occupational Health questionnaire from which our Occupational Health Advisor will assess your medical suitability to do the job. You may be required to attend a medical examination.
On your application form you will be asked to provide the names and addresses of two people who will provide a reference. At least one should be from your current/most recent employer. If you are not currently working with children/adults at risk but have done so in the past it is important that a reference is obtained from the employer by whom you were most recently employed working with children/adults at risk.
Employment references must be provided by your current or most recent line manager and will not be accepted from relatives or people writing solely in the capacity of friends. However, your referees may include someone you know with standing in the community i.e. a teacher, vicar etc.
We take up references for all shortlisted candidates and wherever possible we like to apply for these prior to interview.