SALARY IN EXCESS OF £50,000 PLUS EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE, PENSION AND SUPPORTIVE TEAM ENVIRONMENT!
This is an exciting time to be joining the service as we are in the process of remodelling our service structure. EDS is already seen as a safe and effective service, safeguarding the children and vulnerable adults of Berkshire and has received positive feedback from both Ofsted and CQC. In what other team could you work with so many professionals who are all experts in crisis intervention and specialists within their own field of social work and health?
We understand that:
- the role of the AMHP requires a particularly high level of knowledge, skill and authority with a depth of knowledge of the safeguarding agendas for both children and adults
- that you are required to act with autonomy and balance the needs of individuals, families and wider society
- the list of competencies that demonstrate the need for knowledge of complex legal and policy frameworks as well as of mental disorders and the ability undertake partnership working
- the requirement to communicate and make unpopular decisions
That’s why we provide:
- financial incentive
- regular 1-1 supervision with a qualified and practicing senior AMHP Lead
- quarterly AMHP group supervision led by a well-known and recognised author and Mental Health CQC Inspector
- Reflective Peer Group Supervision
- specialist legal training
- specialist Training in a area of your choice
- enhanced continual professional development – Masters in Mental Health Social Work
- career development
If you believe you have what it takes to work for a fast moving, diverse and dynamic service and would like further information or an informal discussion, please telephone Abbie Murr, Head of Emergency Duty Services or Linda Andrew Team Manager on 01344 786 512 (please note this phone number is only available between 9am-5pm).
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please apply online (see below).
It is important that you read the Application Pack before you apply for this job. It contains information that you will need to refer to when applying. Not referring to this information is likely to reduce your chances of success.
Bracknell Forest Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff employed by the Council in contact with adults at risk must be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken. We take up references for all shortlisted candidates and, wherever possible, apply for these prior to interview.