The Council is modernising and streamlining services through the Redefining Waltham Forest programme.
As part of this, we have recently brought together all services which support members, and we are looking for a dynamic and motivated manager to build the team and deliver modern, efficient and cost effective services to Councillors.
We are looking with someone with the experience and skills to:
- Run a team which provides a range of high quality support to Councillors, including Cabinet
- Act as the interface between the Leader/Cabinet and the Chief Executive and other senior officers of the Council, and assist the Chief Executive in the effective running of the member/officer interface
- Ensure that insight from Councillor enquiries is utilised to effectively improve services
- Advise the Leader on all aspects of the Council’s business and on the Council’s relationships with local and national stakeholders, particularly government offices
- Ensure that new and existing channels of engagement between residents, communities, councillors and other stakeholders are supported, developed and managed effectively
- Develop and implement a Member Development programme, with a particular focus on social and on-line engagement
We are looking for someone with strong experience of working in an advisory capacity with senior politicians, expert levels of business support management and experience of implementing positive change in a complex area of service delivery.
The successful candidate will exhibit high levels of enthusiasm, energy, commitment and the ability to work flexibly in a pressurised political environment.
Shortlisting date: Tuesday 23rd September
Interveiw date: Wednesday 24th September
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 strategic outcomes contained within the Waltham Forest Council Equality Plan 2012/2015:
• Promoting equality of opportunity
• Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
• Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels
• Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.
How to apply
The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please ring 0208 496 4227 who will be able to arrange an alternative.
For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council