Mrs Bland’s Infant and Nursery School
Jordans Lane, Burghfield Common, Reading
Berkshire, RG7 3LP
Tel: 0118 9832332
Salary range: Grade D £16,215 - £18,638 (Pro Rata)
Term Time only + 5 Inset Days
Full Time 37 hours per week
Start date: November 2014
We are looking for an experienced school secretary who is flexible and can work as part of a school team with an ability to communicate and relate appropriately to people in a range of situations. A skilled secretary who has experience of SIMs, Word and Excel.
A secretary who will:
• Be a welcoming and friendly face to the front of the school
• be passionate about providing high quality support to the whole school
• be dedicated to promoting high expectations and facilitate academic progress
• have drive, enthusiasm, energy and a positive approach to their work
• be a team player who is used to using their own initiative.
Duties will include:
• Ensure, on a daily basis, the pupil attendance data is accurate and up to date, and produce reports as required.
• Correspondence to parents – general communications
• Creating the weekly newsletter and distributing to parents.
• Administer Parentmail
• Update and maintain the school website
• Administer and Maintain the milk and fruit schemes
• Liaise with external agencies
• Input assessment data using SIMS
• To affectively deal with nursery admissions and transition of pupils
• Assist teachers with administration of trips, ensuring all necessary payments are made and paperwork completed.
• Provide administrative support to the teaching staff.
• Keep records of all incoming money before forwarding to the finance office
• Keep the school diary up to date, circulating details to all parties concerned (parents, staff and visiting peripatetic teachers/club leaders).
• Deal efficiently with incoming and outgoing mail daily on behalf of the school.
• Assist with clerical arrangements for orders/purchases including obtaining quotes, raising orders, checking and signing for deliveries/receipt of services and processing invoices/payments.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Perform any other reasonable duties as specified by the Headteacher
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please contact the school office firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and an application pack.
Closing date for applications: Noon Monday 29th September 2014
Interviews Friday 3rd October 2014
Mrs Bland’s is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Council supports Equal Opportunity of employment, and positively encourages applications from people in under represented groups such as people with disabilities or from a minority ethnic group.
How to apply
Please contact the school office email@example.com for further details and an application pack.