Medway Council and the Clinical Commissioning Group are seeking to recruit to the post of Head of Partnership Commissioning. This is a fully integrated role – children and adults which is jointly funded by Medway Council and Medway CCG. The post holder will lead a new Partnership Commissioning team so this will be an exciting opportunity to drive forward your vision.
We are looking for an experienced commissioner who has had experience in either children’s or adults’ social care or health services. This post will lead transformation and the improvement of outcomes across both the Health and Social Care economies. This is a period of significant change in Medway:
- The development of the Better Care Fund plan is based on a commitment to an integrated systems approach and partnership working across adult health and social care services
- The transformation of Children’s services to ensure that right child has the right service at the right time and place.
This is a unique opportunity to lead an integrated team and improve outcomes for residents and patients in Medway.
Applicants must hold/have the following:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent level of knowledge and experience)
- Qualification and/or experience in programme management.
- Extensive experience of leading large scale commissioning programmes, ideally across both health and social care, with a proven and successful track record in delivering improved outcomes, savings and effective management of risk.
- Experience and successful track record in leading, managing and empowering staff to deliver whole system and outcomes focused approaches to commissioning and building staff resilience in managing complex issues across multi-agency partners.
Along with all other essential requirements as listed in the job profile below.
Medway is a unitary authority in South East England with superb transport links to London.
The council understands that a motivated workforce is the most important factor for it to be successful and achieve its aims. It’s vital that employees feel rewarded for their contribution.
As a Medway Council employee you will have the opportunity to develop both professionally and personally by undertaking relevant training opportunities, enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including competitive rates of pay and pension scheme along with access to an employee advice, information and counselling service, employee forums and an employee discount scheme for national and local retailers.
For an informal discussion please contact Helen Jones, Assistant Director on 01634 334049.
Please note that if you are shortlisted for interview we will normally contact you via email, therefore, please ensure you state this on your application. If you are a current Medway Council employee you will be contacted at your registered work email address only.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/employees.html for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
How to apply
Please complete your application online, by following the attached link. If you take the option to register with us you can save your details and do not have to complete the form in one sitting.
If you are unable to do this and would prefer to be sent a hard copy please contact 01634 333333 ( Monday to Friday 8.00am - 8.00pm, Saturday 9.00am - 1.00pm).
This information can be made available in other formats and languages, by phoning 01634 333333.