Revenues Officers (Council Tax)
Waltham Forests Revenues Service is committed to improving collection and providing high quality services to all of its residents.
We are looking for experienced and enthusiastic Revenues Officers, who have worked in a Revenues or debt collection environment to join our highly motivated team.
Full time, part time and job share.
This is a career grade post Scale 5 – SO1 – £21,558 - £28,311
(Candidates will be appointed at SC5 or SC6 only)
Short-listing will therefore be based on the level of experience against the criteria within the job description and personnel specification
You will have:
- An in depth knowledge of Council Tax legislation and or Business Rates legislation
- Experience of ensuring accurate billing collection and recovery of Council Tax and/or Business Rates
- Experience of having worked in a debt collection environment
- Able to produce clear and concise written communication.
- Ability to be confident and engaging with the general public both face to face and on the phone when advising on complex Council Tax and Business Rates matters
- The ability to meet challenging deadlines
- Experience of using a variety of IT systems.
Whilst previous Council Tax or Business Rates experience is preferred we will also consider people with experience of working in a similar environment who can demonstrate that they have attained the necessary knowledge and skills required to do the job. What is crucial in all applicants is the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with the public to maximise Council Tax and Business Rates collection rates.
Candidates without experience will be appointed at a lower grade.
If you would like to work on your application from home please use the following link:
Should you experience difficulties with this link please contact the support team on 0845 835 0558 or email@example.com
Closing Date 30 July 2014
Testing and Interviews will take place week commencing 4 August 2014
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 equality objectives contained within the Waltham Forest Council Equality Plan 2012/2015:
- Promoting equality of opportunity
- Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
- Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels.
- Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent Services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.
How to apply
The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please ring 0208 496 4227 who will be able to arrange an alternative.
For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council