Technical Support Officer
Hours: 37 per week
Salary Range: £25,332 - £30,321
Post number: ECT008
We are currently seeking a Technical Support Officer to join our busy ICT Helpdesk team.
Duties will include:
- Support the operation of all the Council’s computer equipment
- Working to BSI accredited standards, record, resolve or escalate all calls made to ICT Helpdesk ensuring customer satisfaction maintained to a high standard.
- Resolution of day to day problems relating to the operation of computer hardware/software/telephony.
- Reporting of equipment problems to suppliers and monitoring responses.
- Configuration and installation of new equipment and software.
- Assisting in modification and upgrading of existing computer, network and telephony systems.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrable ICT customer support experience in a service desk environment
- Ability to interpret customer technical issues/requirements and resolve or escalate as necessary
- Ability to absorb complex technical information and communicate it effectively to all levels.
- Qualification in computing to Degree/HND or equivalent level
- Experience of all Microsoft Office products including Access/Excel/Word/ Powerpoint/Publisher to an ECDL Advanced or equivalent level.
- In depth knowledge of computer hardware
- General knowledge of network systems and servers
- Current Full Driving Licence
Benefits include 24 days annual leave, Local Government Pension Scheme, and free parking. For an informal chat about the position please call Dawn de-Leuw on 01276 707413.
Further information is available on escene and applications should be forwarded to email@example.com quoting the job title.
Those currently at risk will be given priority.
Closing date: Wednesday 13th August 2014
Interview Date: Thursday 28th August 2014
Surrey Heath Borough Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Surrey Heath Borough Council is committed to equality of opportunity in employment and service delivery and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
All successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks in line with BPSS guidelines, which includes standard identification, referencing and unspent conviction checks. Surrey Heath Borough Council undertakes not to discriminate unfairly against any subject of a disclosure on the basis of conviction or other information revealed.
For the best chance of successful application, please read the Job Description and Personal Specification fully before applying for this vacancy as it contains information you will need to refer to when applying. We do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed application form. If you have not heard from the council within 4 weeks of the closing date you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
If you have any further enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01276 707311.
For technical issues, please contact Surreyjobs/JGP directly.